I know that we all have questions about what exactly this game will be. Nintendo Treehouse demoed the game, and from it we can tell a few things about the game:
- there will be turnip trading
- there are other things to do in the game besides the board game
- each turn of the game advances the calendar a day
- events like the bug off occur on specific days of the month
- houses designed for characters in Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer will be imported into the AC amiibo Festival if you use their amiibo card
- animal visitors to the town will give opportunities to interact with them if you land on specific spaces, eg. Katie, Redd and others.
- a board game design allows for families to play and interact with Animal Crossing together, rather than the single player experience of traditional Animal Crossing games
- gyroids on the board will stamp your paper as you pass
- "It's worth mentioning again that this is just one part of Animal Crossing amiibo festival, the board game is part of what you can play, it's the only thing we're able to talk about and show right now. There is more to Animal Crossing amiibo festival that we'll hopefully be able to talk about at a later date... when we're allowed."
This game from Atlus, formerly known as Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, has been a source of some mystery. While a trailer was shown prior to E3, it was light on actual gameplay:
At E3 however, more information has been revealed, starting with a new trailer during the Nintendo Digital Event, and a 45 minute gameplay demo at Nintendo Treehouse.
From Atlus Press Release:
A tale of youth and heroes guided by destiny
- Platform: Wii U
- Launch Date:
- Genre: Role-Playing Game
- R a t i n g : Rating Pending -
- Players: 1
- Developer: ATLUS
- Suggested Retail Price: TBD
- URL: http://e3.nintendo.com
- © 2015 Nintendo/Atlus. FIRE EMBLEM SERIES: © Nintendo/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS.
Set in modern Tokyo, young people come together to weave an epic tale alongside heroes from an alternate world. This brand new RPG, developed by ATLUS, is infused with elements of the popular Fire Emblem series. In the struggle between the worlds of glamour and darkness, these young heroes rise to face the challenge.
• Collaboration that blends the Shin Megami Tensei series with Fire Emblem characters.
• “Mirages”—beings of immeasurable power hailing from another dimension—have begun invading our world. Some are evil, but others are drawn to humans with tremendous creative potential and have shared their powers to guard humanity.
• Main characters fight as Mirage Masters and, at the same time, have big dreams to become great entertainers. They polish their singing and acting skills in the entertainment business in their daily life, and work as artists.
• Young heroes must confront not only the invading Mirages but also the world of entertainment as they fight their way to stardom.
A raft of images have also been released, showing character artwork and screenshots of the game. These screenshots are not final.
While it may not have seemed like it from the press conferences, there were lots family-friendly games announced and introduced at E3. Here are some that you might want to keep an eye on.
1. Disney Infinity 3.0: Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition now welcomes Star Wars™ to the ever-growing collection of Marvel, Disney and Disney•Pixar characters, stories and worlds. Together new heroes can join forces with characters from previous editions and embark on adventures as big as your imagination in the Toy Box! Available Fall 2015 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Wii U™, Xbox One, Xbox 360. [family gamer tv video Hands on with Boba Fett]
2. Unravel: A delightful adventure game from small Swedish developer Coldwood with the support of EA, Unravel features the adventure of Yarny, a small character made of a single thread of yarn. Along your journey, you unlock memories of a long lost family. It's a game with heart, and looks absolutely adorable.
3. World of Final Fantasy: Embark on an adventure unlike any before to an all new WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY. With charming, stylized visuals for both the young and the young at heart, players will collect, raise, and battle iconic monsters by stacking them to form adorable yet strategic monster towers. The memorable legends of FINAL FANTASY come to life in this imaginative, colorful world as an epic story fit for the smallest of heroes unfolds. Available first on PS4 and PSVita in 2016.
4. Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer: In this next Animal Crossing game for the 3DS, play as the town's city planner, helping residents layout and design their homes. Your favourite villagers can be added to your town via new amiibo cards. Available September 25 2015 for Nintendo 3DS.
5. Skylanders Superchargers: It's Skylanders... with vehicles! Also notable for Nintendo platforms are the new Skylander/amiibo hybrids: Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser. Join the team of Superchargers to pilot a variety of vehicles of land, sea and sky to defeat Kaos and save Skylands. Available September 20 2015. [family gamer tv video]
6. Lego Dimensions: Lego gets into the Toys to Life game category in a big way with an extreme crossover of characters in one game. Play with characters from Back to the Future, Portal, Ghostbusters, The Lego Movie, The Lord of the Rings, DC Comics, Doctor Who, the Simpsons and many more! Available September 27 2015.
7. Super Mario Maker: Nintendo is giving everyone the ability to make their own Mario levels in the newly renamed Super Mario Maker. Play with an unlimited number of levels designed by players worldwide, and share your creations with everyone. Using the Wii U Gamepad to design levels in one of four Mario styles, you can challenge yourself and your friends with amazing new creative levels. Available September 11 2015 for Wii U.
Bonus Pick 8. Yoshi's Woolly World: Embark on a new Yoshi adventure in a world made from yarn, cloth and textiles. Explore the world by using yarn to weave wool platforms and warp pipes to reach new areas, and gleefully unravel its secrets and puzzles by pulling yarn walls apart. Add a little color to Yoshi's life with a spectrum of yarn balls. Then team up with a friend to have a ball together in this wild and woolly world. Available October 16 2015 for Wii U.
Nintendo Digital Event
- Opens with puppet Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto turning into Peppy, Falco and Fox
- Trailer of StarFox Zero: Miyamoto talks about the genesis of Star Fox, using the gyro, they want people to play as if they are flying a real plane, game world on TV, cockpit view on Gamepad,
- Arwing can transform into a walker, various vehicles are available, called Zero because it’s Japanese kanji and looks like a fox tail
- Reggie talks about the theme of ‘transformation’ - to focus on the coming months
- Super Mario Maker: players will become creators
- Amiibo: more new ones on the way, and in new games
- Skylanders Superchargers, two unexpected guest stars, Turbo Charge DK, Hammer Slam Bowser, you can twist the base, and it becomes an amiibo, and these figures can only be used on Nintendo
- Back to puppets dancing to the star music
- The Legend of Zelda TriForce Heroes (Fall 2015) - three player Zelda akin to 4 swords, cutom outfits for Link (Lucky Loungewear is my fave)
- Meanwhile back at Nintendo headquarters: talk about Zelda TriForce Heroes - coop play, incorporating that same sense of depth in the coop, being able to stack players in a ‘totem’, fashion savvy people filled kingdom, so of course new outfits with new abilities, online multiplayer as well as local
- Hyrule Warriors Legends 3DS version, a reimagining of the Wii U game, includes all DLC characters, and adding more characters from Wind Waker
- Trailer shown for Hyrule Warriors Legends (Q1 2016)
- Back to puppets
- Another 3DS game Metroid Prime Federation Force (2016) - 4-player coop missions in the Metroid Prime Universe, including Blast Ball which was seen at NWC
- Fire Emblem If (renamed Fates) (2016) - trailer shown
- Atlus trailer - Is this Legacy of Legends? No? ending title is in Japanese, with FE (2016) apparently it is Genei Ibun Roku #FE coming to #WiiU so this is a fighting game with fire emblem characters and stuff? OH OK THIS IS Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem as we knew it. I guess the final title isn’t fixed yet. That’s confusing to not title it a bit more clearly.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer - December 4 2015
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer 3DS - Sept 25th, 2015 looks like you build every part of the town
- Amiibo play on the Wii U, in a board game like tour around animal crossing town, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival on Wii U Holiday 2015
- Yoshi’s Woolly World (Oct 16, 2015) - Emi Watanabe designer interview (a woman! and good English - British no less, software planning and development dept, a coordinator) the game still looks great and super cute, provide the challenge and the fun, amiibos will give Yoshi that costume in yarn
- Level 5 - Yo-kai Watch on 3DS (Holiday 2015)- looks like they’re keeping many of the Japanese names, but other ones get translated
- Sticker Mario and 3D Mario collide in Mario and Luigi Paper Jam spring 2016
- Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (holiday 2015) Wii U
- Super Mario Maker (Sept 11, 2015) - a tool that they use INTERNALLY to make Mario Levels? back in the day they were created by hand, air land and sea was a theme in the very beginning, and now you can do that with flying clouds, you can put things in places they’re normally not found, like a goomba underwater, Costume Mario with current amiibo, new 8Bit Mario Amiibo (available in 2 color schemes) makes your in game Mario bigger, and Super Mario Maker booklet
- Nintendo Treehouse Live - will demo StarFox Zero, and ability to try out Super Mario Maker at Best Buy in US and Canada on Wed and Sat
- Let’s Super Mario . com
- Just Cause 3 trailer (Dec 1st for PS4/XboxOne/PC - PXPC)
- golf clap for Phil Rogers
- Rico has grapple, wingsuit, and hang glider, vehicles look good, all kinds of things blow up
- new title unannounced sneak peek - Platinum developed! Yosuke Saito producer. Looks beautiful, NieR? the world is in decay. for PS4, more info in the Fall. Production has just begun.
- Wow, the producer is wearing an amazing moon head mask and scarf, I’m assuming from the game? Platinum was approached by Square Enix to strengthen the action element of NieR.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer, behind the scenes making of at Crystal Dynamic, face and graphic realism is pretty incredible.
- Mobile and tablet games - (previously done Hitman Go, Hitman Sniper) next game is Lara Croft GO
- Now a trailer with a bunch of games
- Kingdom Hearts series producer - where is the translator audio? Ah well. Here is a trailer.
- Now the trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4
- PC version of FF VII will be coming to Playstation, will be coming in Winter 2015. Also iOS version.
- About the Kingdom Hearts Series - new video
- Fans are excitedly clapping. Or, one guy sitting on the right was.
- Kingdom Hearts X Unchained Key (iOS and Android) coming to the West
- Kingdom Hearts III - (the guy is very excited again) Disney collaboration with Square Enix, introducing a brand new world into the game, World Premiere of footage from Kingdom Hearts III
- For Xbox One and PS4
- World of Final Fantasy (PS4/Vita 2016) - the cute wee little chibi characters, a producer talks about a game that children and parents could play together using Final Fantasy, an adventure of walking through a world of their toys and figurines. Tower formation of characters stacked on top of each other, changing the dynamic of the character and the game.
- Hitman - Dec 8th
- SE and tri-ace new project : Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (2016) trailer followed by another trailer. Two trailers.
- Eidos Montreal - Deus Ex Mankind Divided (early 2016 on PXPC)
- Final Fantasy Portal App - this summer for mobile, an encyclopedia of FF
- A New RPG Project in a newly established studio, named Tokyo RPG Factory. Showing pretty scenes, Project Setsuna, 2016 global release.
NINTENDO TRANSFORMS ICONIC FRANCHISES TO GIVE PLAYERS UNIQUE GAMING EXPERIENCES
Play Levels Designed by Others or Create Your Own in Super Mario Maker for Wii U
VANCOUVER, B.C., June 16, 2015 – This year Mario reaches an impressive milestone in video gaming: 30 years as a leading man in Nintendo’s timeless Super Mario Bros. series. At E3, Nintendo celebrates Mario’s longevity with a new installment in the franchise called Super Mario Maker, one of many games at the show that transforms familiar characters and their games with unique new looks, styles and game-play features. Players will see new installments of beloved franchises like Star Fox, Yoshi, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi,Xenoblade and Metroid, and enjoy the reimagining of Bowser and Donkey Kong as Skylanders figures that also have amiibo functionality with compatible Nintendo games.
During the Nintendo Digital Event video on the opening day of E3 2015 in Los Angeles, Nintendo announced games launching in the near future, with a focus on what fans can enjoy in the second half of 2015 and early 2016. To view the Nintendo Digital Event in its entirety, visit http://e3.nintendo.com. Nintendo will continue to share information on future games and initiatives in the months ahead.
“Millions of video game players worldwide look to Nintendo to deliver surprises and smiles,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “That’s what we have on display at E3 – familiar characters and franchises transformed in unexpected ways that can only be found on Nintendo systems.”
Here’s a roundup of some of the news and games Nintendo is showing this week:
Wii U Games and Other News
· Super Mario Maker: The next evolution of the Super Mario Bros. series lets people’s imaginations run wild. For the first time ever, friends can have fun playing through levels they create for one another. The Wii U GamePad controller makes it so easy for anyone to create levels; it may feel like simply sketching out ideas on paper. Players can enjoy a seemingly endless supply of inventive Mario levels from players around the world. The game includes a book totaling about 100 pages that illustrates the boundless possibilities inSuper Mario Maker. Nintendo will also release two special Mario amiibo figures to celebrate the 30thanniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game. Tapping these amiibo in Super Mario Maker adds a Big Mushroom power-up to your course, allowing Mario to grow big and bust blocks from any direction, as well as adding a retro visual filter to the game, reminiscent of older cathode ray tube televisions. In addition, many other amiibo will also be compatible with Super Mario Maker through the use of a new item called the Mystery Mushroom. This item allows Mario to take the appearance of many other characters, such as Link, Kirby or Wii Fit Trainer, complete with character-specific animations and sound effects. These character costumes can be unlocked by completing the 100 Mario Challenge mode and many can also be unlocked if the player taps the amiibo of the character to the Wii U GamePad. To coincide with the Super Mario Bros. anniversary, the Super Mario Maker game and the 30th Anniversary amiibo launch the 11th of September.
· LetsSuperMario.com Website: To continue the celebration of Super Mario’s 30th anniversary, fans around the world are encouraged to create personal “Let’s Super Mario!” video tributes that showcase their love for the legendary franchise. The videos can be submitted to a dedicated website (http://www.LetsSuperMario.com) starting today and might be shared by Nintendo on the website. Whether it’s through song, dance or reliving favourite moments, Nintendo will honour Super Mario by showcasing the creativity of our fans. In the spirit of Nintendo’s mission of putting smiles on the faces of everyone that experiences our products, Nintendo’s share of any ad revenue generated from the Let’s Super Mario 30thAnniversary videos will go toward a donation Nintendo is making to Operation Smile, a global surgical charity dedicated to healing the smiles of children around the world suffering from cleft lip and cleft palate. For more information, visit http://www.operationsmile.org.
· Yoshi’s Woolly World: Collect, cooperate and get crafty with Yoshi in a world made completely from yarn, felt and other fabrics and textiles. Pulling on strings in the game usually leads to discoveries, while new transformations include a motorcycle, mole and airplane. The game’s simple platforming adventure challenges players to find hidden secrets. Tapping select amiibo characters to the GamePad creates new patterns for Yoshi, while new Yarn Yoshi amiibo let players control two Yoshis at the same time. This first-ever two-player co-op Yoshi game includes Mellow Mode, which gives Yoshi wings, and is perfect for players who just want to hunt for treasure, or newcomers who want to get the hang of the game. The game launches October 16.
· Star Fox Zero: Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy are back in a new adventure. Players pilot an Arwing in the traditional style of TV game play and, in a new twist, players can use the cockpit view on the GamePad to aim and shoot enemies using the gyro controls. Having two unique viewpoints offers distinct gaming advantages and frees up the TV for more cinematic moments in the title’s new all-range mode. Scheduled to launch during the 2015 holiday season, Star Fox Zero includes a new Walker transformation for the Arwing, a new Gyrowing vehicle and the return of the Landmaster Tank.
· Skylanders SuperChargers from Activision: Both Donkey Kong and Bowser guest star in the nextSkylanders game complete with their own vehicles and move sets that celebrate the lore and legacy of their 30+ years in the video game universe. As an added bonus, the Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser Skylanders SuperCharger characters also work as amiibo in compatible Nintendo games, so players can store their save data in both modes with a simple twist of the figure’s base. The game is anticipated to launch September 20.
· Just Dance 2016 from Ubisoft: Just Dance 2016 is the latest installment in the best-selling music game franchise of all time. Launching October 20, 2015, on both Wii and Wii U, the game features tracks from artists like Jason Derulo, Meghan Trainor and Lady Gaga. This year, the free Just Dance Controller app enables Wii U players to use their smartphones to play.
· Xenoblade Chronicles X: Amid an intergalactic war between aliens and human survivors, players fight for survival while exploring the massive expanses of an unknown planet. Weaponized mechs called “Skells” let players access every location they see. Players also can customize a lethal skill set of combat and defensive skills, called Arts, to strengthen their strategies and defeat enemies efficiently. The game launches December 4.
· Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival: Animal Crossing amiibo figures and cards get their own party game. Players are challenged to collect the most Happy Points by the end of a dynamic board game. The board layout can remain the same, but the spaces and even the environment change, depending on which month players choose for their game. As in other Animal Crossing games, players can buy turnips and use strategy to decide when to sell them for big money. Scheduled to launch during the 2015 holiday season, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival will launch as a bundle that includes the game, two amiibo figures and three amiibo cards.
· Genei Ibun Roku #FE (name not final): Set in modern Tokyo, young people come together to weave an epic tale alongside heroes from an alternate world. This brand-new RPG, developed by ATLUS, is infused with elements of the popular Fire Emblem series. In the struggle between the worlds of glamour and darkness, these young heroes rise to face the challenge. The game is scheduled to launch in 2016.
· Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash: Up to four players can compete in tennis matches that could only take place in the Mushroom Kingdom. With the addition of Jump Shots to hit high balls overhead, or Giant Mushrooms that when picked up make characters bigger, this Mario Tennis is reborn with features enabling players to aggressively go after higher balls. The game is scheduled to launch during the 2015 holiday season.
· The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes: Three players take on the role of individual Link characters and team up to solve puzzles and battle bosses in dungeons. The game features the same top-down view and visual style of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Players must work together, as the group shares all hearts. All three Links can stack on top of one another to create a Totem to reach new locations and solve puzzles or fight enemies. Different outfits offer unique abilities. The game is scheduled to launch this fall.
· Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon: The player transforms into one of 20 Pokémon as he or she sets out on an adventure in a world inhabited solely by the 720 discovered Pokémon, including Legendary and Mythical Pokémon. This game boasts hours of replay-ability by randomly generating each dungeon, so players will never explore the same dungeon twice as they unravel this tale of adventure and mystery. The game is scheduled to launch during the 2015 holiday season.
· Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: One of the favourite activities in the Animal Crossing series now gets a full game. With more options than ever, players design interiors and exteriors of homes for hundreds of animal characters, and can even design a garden. They can choose where to place the home, and then pick out a house style and colours for the roof, door and fence before getting to work on the interior. Tapping compatible amiibo character cards brings favourite Animal Crossing characters with their separate personalities and design requests into the game, which launches with a complimentary amiibo card on September 25. A bundle will launch the same day and include the game, one amiibo card and the NFC Reader/Writer accessory.
· YO-KAI WATCH: This game sold millions and became a cultural phenomenon in Japan. Now North American players get to experience the fun of hundreds of sometimes cute, sometimes spooky, and usually mischievous Yo-kai that inhabit our world. Players explore using their Yo-kai Watch to find Yo-kai, then befriend them and turn them into a team to battle other Yo-kai. The game is scheduled to launch during the 2015 holiday season.
· Fire Emblem Fates: Two versions of the franchise’s new installment offer players an unprecedented choice: fight an opposing force or join the other side and try to make changes from within. For the first time in the series, players take on the role of the main character and command an army, while struggling to decide which path to follow: helping blood relatives or the family that raised him or her. The game is scheduled to launch in 2016.
· Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam: Paper Mario jumps out of the book and into the bizarre adventures of Mario & Luigi, resulting in hilarious and dangerous hijinks. Become the superstar team of Mario, Luigi and Paper Mario to take on quests, take down enemies and untangle these two unique universes in this playful new entry in the Mario & Luigi series. The game is scheduled to launch in spring 2016.
· Hyrule Warriors Legends: The Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors comes to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. In the portable version, experience new story elements and playable characters inspired by The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. New features allow players to enhance their tactics and switch between different characters on the fly as they explore and battle in Hyrule’s most famous locales. The game is scheduled to launch in Q1 of 2016.
· Metroid Prime: Federation Force: Up to four players can connect online or locally to take on co-op missions in this first-person sci-fi adventure set in the Metroid Prime universe. Players don a mech suit and work together as a team to clear out enemy-infested bases and complete objective-based missions. After completing the missions, up to six players can compete in Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, a three-on-three game that requires players to shoot a ball into their opponents’ goal. The game is scheduled to launch in 2016.
Additionally, select Nindie developers will feature exclusive content and reveals on Nintendo Treehouse: Live throughout the week of E3. Titles include Runbow (13AM Games), FAST Racing Neo(Shin’en) and Typoman (Headup Games and Brainseed Factory) for Wii U, SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form) for Nintendo 3DS, and Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Renegade Kid) for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
For details about these games, the Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming and other Nintendo activities during E3 2015, visit http://e3.nintendo.com.
As a treat for fans watching all the E3 action from home, the Nintendo eShop is hosting its biggest sale of the year for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. Players can get up to 30 per cent off select games related to some of the top franchises featured at the show, including Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Yoshi. The sale runs now through June 23 at 8:59 a.m. PT. For full details, check http://e3.nintendo.com/offers.
Here's a look at Boba Fett from the upcoming Star Wars playset in Disney Infinity 3.0 from guest contributor Andy Robertson of Family Gamer TV. Looking good!
Andy Robertson from Family Gamer TV brings us some hands on footage of Forza 6.
So it's Monday night here on the East Coast, and Sony's press conference stream has just ended. There's so much going on that I'm just making short notes as things happen, and by no means is this a complete list of everything that happened, but my personal take on things.
Enjoy, such as it is. (I skipped the Smash Bros direct)
Nintendo World Championships 2015
- Announce that Mother 1 aka Earthbound Beginnings is now available on Wii U VC
- One event was a completely new 3DS game Blast Ball, Metroid-esque multiplayer goal scoring ball game
- Thrilling final event, showing off Super Mario Maker and some truly awesome levels: probably the best ad for the level creator game ever, and totally sold me on the idea.
- Congrats to John Numbers for winning the title of Champion, received award and signed NEW 3DS XL by Shigeru Miyamoto
- id shows DOOM: showed single player in a space base, lots of blood and guts, dismembering and evisceration, single campaign and multiplayer modes, every player can build level designs with Doom SnapMap, then showed singleplayer in Hell.
- Battlecry studios - team multiplayer melee battler, Beta begins in Autumn
- Arkane studios - Dishonored 2, can play as Corvo or Emily. Can play the game without killing anyone. Also Dishonored Definitive Edition available this fall, graphically enhanced for Xbox One and PS4
- Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited updates with some new regions
- Elder Scrolls Legends - strategy card game - Hearthstone killer? F2P on PC and iPad - no gameplay shown at all so no idea what kind of game it is
- Fallout 4 - Extended gameplay shown. Pipboy Edition real thing you put on your wrist, and you put your phone in it, and is a pretty awesome second screen experience. Also a totally new game for smartphone and tablets “Fallout Shelter”, you get to make your own vault. Looking a bit like XCOM home base. It is free to play, you can buy more random loot in lunchboxes, but the whole thing is free, no paywall timers. Coming out tonight! :)
- Character creation, male and female, and baby! Dog also shown. Building and crafting of your home, and as settlement grows you have traders to buy items from. Very deep, many large sites in game where you can build. Crafting weapons and armor is also extremely customizable.
- Fallout 4 coming Nov 10 2015
- Ending celebrating first ever showcase by giving away a set of vinyl figures to each attendee.
Nintendo offers 9 free Wii U Indie DEMOS during E3, if you download them you can get discount on the full game
- Opens with Halo 5 Warzone multiplayer
- reCore Spring 2016 (Keiji Inafune and makers of Metroid) new IP
- Xbox One backward compatibility - interesting, natively playable 360 games, put in the disc, download the game, and play
- Elite wireless controller coming fall: new rear touch paddles, locking triggers, redesigned concave ‘d-pad’ disc - price released later $150!!!
- Fallout 4 - exclusive gameplay footage different from last night, more combat shown, different weapons, mech suit, mods created on PC can be shared with xbox One
- EA - (Peter Moore, COO) talks about EA access, the ‘best of EA for $5/mo’, members get to play early, access to the vault, and adding Titanfall this week, and Dragon Age Inquisition later in the summer. EA access is free to Gold Live members this week. No one is really excited. Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 announced: new characters, new worlds, new ways to play. Next Spring. World Premiere trailer shown. Danger Zone music. Cool looking Orange character.
- Ford Co. racing GT 50th anniversary, coming to Forza Motorsport 6. Actual car lowers from ceiling to circular platform, Henry Ford III talks about Ford and Forza.
- Bandai Namco - world premier… Dark Souls 3! now only embers remain…
- Tom Clancy’s The Division - trailer, exclusive beta first December 2015, Rainbow Six Seige comes in Fall.and come free with Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2
- Gigantic - August 2015, F2P across Windows and Xbox One, colorful cartoony multiplayer action game
- Indie game highlight reel, ID@xbox
- Tacoma - from makers of Gone Home, Lunar Transfer Station, coming 2016
- Ashen - from Aurora 44
- Beyond Eyes from tiger & squid, about a blind girl
- Cuphead, Studio MDHR, the look of a 30’s cartoon with the precision of a 16-bit platformer. Looking pretty awesome.
- Xbox Game Preview community - an early access beta type service
- Dean Hall - DayZ creator - space exploration mmo “Ion” for xbox One and PC
- Crystal Dynamics - Rise of the Tomb Raider xbox exclusive gameplay demo (Holiday 2015). Again, Lara is shivering.Mind you, it is snowing.
- Rare Replay - 30th anniversary, 30 games for $30 including perfect dark, banjo kazooie, battletoads
- And a new game Xbox One exclusive - a shared world adventure game, bring players together, first person, Pirate ship, island, treasure chests, skeletons, naval battles, “Sea of Thieves”
- Fable Legends - Free to Play, Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive. Cross platform play.
- Windows talk, and new relationship with Valve VR. Also touting partnership with oculus, which will include the controller.
- HoloLens shown. Brand director of Mojang - Minecraft. HoloLens edition of Minecraft shown.They just created a world on the table. You can manipulate it with your hand, voice, and zoom in and out. Lightning strikes where you look by just looking and saying.
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition- Aug 25, the first game remastered for Xbox One
- Coalition showed xbox one exclusive premiere of Gears 4 (Holiday 2016)
Live at E3
Lego Dimensions - Portal hee hee… Batman in Portal… Chell Lego figure...
Final Trailer for MGSV The Phantom Pain (Sept 1st)
- Mass Effect Andromeda (Holiday 2016)
- the new Need for Speed (Nov. 3rd)
- Star Wars the Old Republic (SWTOR) RPG - something new: more story in Knights of the Fallen Empire, bioware style story
- Unravel - new ip, character of string Yarnie (?)
- PVZ Garden Warfare 2 - mascot in a suit comes out, Zombot Factory
- NHL 16
- PGA Tour
- Ultimate Teams (across all sports)
- NBA Live 16
- FIFA 16 - Pele came out, women’s teams
- Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst - Feb 23, 2016
- Madden 16
- Star Wars Battlefront - gameplay shown, release date of November
- New South Park - The Fractured But Whole
- For Honor - 4v4 sword fighting melee set in various historical eras
- DLC for The Crew Wild Run
- Trials Fusion Expansion
- Tom Clancy The Division - Dark Zone shown, teams can betray one another,, betas early next year, March 8 2016
- Blue Byte - city builder to space, ANNO 2205, beta starts later this year
- Just Dance 2016 - you can use your smartphone as a controller for Just Dance, no longer need a camera, October, subscription for new songs all year long, for Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One. “Dance on Demand” subscription service.
- Rainbow Six: Seige - close quarters combat, everything is destructible, once you die you’re dead, Angela Bassett comes on to talk, Terrohunt mode is back, terrorists have the most advanced AI yet. Beta September 2015
- TrackMania Turbo - nothing to say, looks fun
- Assassin’s Creed - Syndicate
- New IP - multiple options to approach a mission, drugs and cartels - massive open world, Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands
Sony Playstation Press Conference
- Shawn Layden (President and CEO)
- People are losing their minds and he hasn’t even said the game
- The Last Guardian, of course! (2016) - trailer shows boy and his bird dog, with structures breaking and narrowly escaping. Shuhei Yoshida comes and speaks, thanking the Creative Director Yueda
- Guerrilla Games (Hermen Hulst) - new franchise. Cave paintings, vo talking about the world of the old ones (our modern cities), and taken over by plant growth. But tribal dwellers live amongst AI machines (robots). Kind of like Xenoblade, but if the humans had bows and blades. Game is called Horizon: Zero Dawn.
- Square Enix - the new Hitman (is it just called Hitman? The new Hitman?) 6 unique contracts exclusive to PS4. Agent 47 is back again.
- Street Fighter V - console exclusive (and PC) Beta July 23rd
- No Man Sky - a universe sized sandbox, showing some space combat between warring factions, the map size is galaxy sized, each dot of light is a sun with planets. All are undiscovered, many will never be explored ever. Planet with Sentinels, alien life, plants.
- Media Molecule - Dreams - a game about creativity, lucid dreaming, create and share your own dreams, and explore other people’s dreams. Using the PS4 controller, moving it around, and you can animate models as puppeteering. Wow.
- Firewatch - console debut on PS4, trailer shown
- Destiny - The Taken King expansion Sept 15th
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate - Evie
- Final Fantasy - World of Final Fantasy PS4 and PSVita, a chibi looking FF
- Final Fantasy VII Remake - “coming first” to PS4 (not exclusive)
- Devolver Digital 4 new games - Ronin, a stealth sidescroller, EITR, a isometric brawler, Mother Russia Bleeds, a sidescrolling brawler, Crossing Souls, an 8 bit earthbound like brawler?
- Shenmue III on kickstarter - Yu Suzuki makes appearance, announces the sequel to Shenmue I and II. As the press conference ends, it’s already over $500,000, 27% of its $2,000,000 goal
- Batman Arkham Knight Scarecrow Nightmare Missions - pretty scary hallucinatory stuff
- Project Morpheus - Eve Valkyrie (space dogfights), Solfar Godling, The Deep (shark cage). 4 player couch coop with morpheus, side by side. Rigs is a 3v3 shooter with mechs.
- Suddenly we’re talking about Spotify and Vue. Vue will expand to a la carte channels and launch nationwide. Canada?
- Playstation partnering with Activision - COD Black Ops 3 (exclusive missions? I blanked out)
- Star Wars Disney Infinity 3.0 - for kids and family, 1 month early, Rise Against the Empire Playset exclusive to Playstation (the early part). Limited Edition Starter Pack. First time I've heard "kids" and "family" today.
- Star Wars Battlefront - more gameplay trailer
- Final thing - Uncharted 4 - A Thief’s End (demo goes badly at first - long wait for it to start, and then when it does, there’s no controller input and they have to restart again) Lots of shooting through a pretty tropical town, chase through the streets in a jeep.
So the big news coming out of Bethesda's press conference last night for me, was the Fallout 4 extras that were announced. The Pipboy edition which will come with a physical Pipboy replica that you can put your smartphone into, a completely new and free iOS and Android game called Fallout Shelter, and incredible building and crafting options in Fallout 4 sound really interesting, even more interesting that the actual game itself.
Unless that is the game. Hmm. Well, there will be lots of ways to have fun in and around Fallout 4, that's for sure.
The next FE game Fire Emblem: If is scheduled for a Japanese release date of June 25th, and a Western release window of 2016.
The innovative new Steam Controller is finally available to order, and will ship to your door in October. I'm picking one up, are you?
I've been using my PS4 controller with my PC, but this controller might be good enough to replace it. I'll give a full review as soon as I can get my hands on one!
What's better than a splatfest? How about a FREE splatfest?
That's right, we're giving one lucky person a copy of Splatoon! This is a North American Region game, so please make sure you can run the game before entering!
To enter, follow the instructions below, and good luck! You can enter in multiple ways, and you can enter each day, so check back for more entries. Contest closes on June 12th at midnight Pacific Time.
Recently I decided to import a Japanese 3DS. After watching the Monster Hunter X reveal, I decided that I would not only import the handheld, but try to learn Japanese as well, so that by the time Monster Hunter X comes out this winter, I might be able to read a little. My eventual goal is to become fluent in Japanese, enough to play video games and watch anime.
I ordered the New 3DS in white, the non-LL model, with interchangeable cover plates. I also ordered Cover Plates No. 38 (Monster Hunter Poogie) to go with the system (of course).
There is no setting to change the language on a Japanese 3DS, and you can only play games from Japan, so it means that you either import physical cartridges, or purchase games digitally.
All future posts about this will be tagged #Japan3DSAdventure so stay tuned! I'll post whatever tips I learn about along the way.
The first tip is this nice list of games to import over at chic-pixel.com by @apricotsushi: "10 Japanese 3DS Games Worth Importing" which she has listed and assessed in terms of difficulty of Japanese. I'm definitely interested in the first game on the list, Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken. Especially since it has the song from Attack on Titan in it!
Look at this picture.
See that big fat brush?
When can I buy this in the shop, I haven't seen it anywhere?