Should we be concerned? The Wii U launches in less than 2 weeks, and we still don't know much about the online aspects of the console. Iwata has said that he would like to talk about Miiverse in an upcoming Nintendo Direct, so hopefully that will clear up the 'fog of vague' that surround the Miiverse and the Wii U's online functionality.
So far we know that Miiverse will start at the same time as the Wii U launch, that it includes some kind of plaza where your Mii congregates around games that you are playing, and that there are some chat and note functionality.
But here are a few questions which I hope get answered before the Wii U launches:
- no more friend codes, right?
- how will it handle usernames?
- will one Wii U system handle multiple users?
- will there be Club Nintendo integration? eShop? Wii accounts? can we unify them all into one Miiverse account?
- what is the extent of the mobile devices support?
- sounds like Miiverse is a social network, what about multiplayer matchmaking? leaderboards?
- can you access the Miiverse from your computer (i.e. through the web)?
- achievements? accomplishments? how will they work?
Please Nintendo, we need to know!