I know that we all have questions about what exactly this game will be. Nintendo Treehouse demoed the game, and from it we can tell a few things about the game:
- there will be turnip trading
- there are other things to do in the game besides the board game
- each turn of the game advances the calendar a day
- events like the bug off occur on specific days of the month
- houses designed for characters in Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer will be imported into the AC amiibo Festival if you use their amiibo card
- animal visitors to the town will give opportunities to interact with them if you land on specific spaces, eg. Katie, Redd and others.
- a board game design allows for families to play and interact with Animal Crossing together, rather than the single player experience of traditional Animal Crossing games
- gyroids on the board will stamp your paper as you pass
- "It's worth mentioning again that this is just one part of Animal Crossing amiibo festival, the board game is part of what you can play, it's the only thing we're able to talk about and show right now. There is more to Animal Crossing amiibo festival that we'll hopefully be able to talk about at a later date... when we're allowed."