Remember how Capcom recently reorganized their Beeline Interactive subsidiary into Capcom Mobile Business Division? Promising to focus on Monster Hunter, Mega Man, and Sengoku BASARA?
Well it looks like we might be seeing the first fruits of that restructuring, as the free to play"Monster Hunter Explore" just soft launched in Canada on the iOS App Store. If you have a Canadian itunes account and would like to give it a try, the link to the game is here.
The game description is as follows:
Join the hunt! The first true Monster Hunter game for mobile has arrived.
Track and hunt fierce monsters and explore an island of infinite treasures.
Become a hunter of legend on your own or form a hunting party with friends.
· Travel across the seas and explore new hunting grounds of legend.
· Hunt powerful monsters, discover epic treasures and unlock the secrets of a new land.
· Create a hunting party of up to 4 friends or play with hunters over the internet.
· Master 12 types of weapons – Powerful “Great Swords” dynamic “War Hammers” and the lethal “Gun Lance.”
· Master the art of the hunt by using monsters’ weaknesses against them. More than 100 weaknesses can be targeted to help improve a hunters odds of success.